Introduction

, this is Girish Rawate from India. My nick name is bunty. I have done graduation in Science and Education and now I am working in Bank of Baroda. I've married with one intelligent girl and living a happy life with her and our son Arjun :)

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Entry in Mumbai

The story begins with the dream of being a software engineer. I had just passed my Graduation B.Sc. and wanted to do MCA with a best college in Maharashtra. At that time Sanjay Janerkar was doing MCA in Nagpur. I asked him the prospectus booklet for Maharashtra region. I observed that the best college is The Jija Mata College here in Mumbai. I just started reading of entrance exam with my friend Mohammad Hussain and scored very good. Unfortunately my name was enrolled as Open/General category. And I got my second option Karad (near Kolhapur). It was a government college with nominal fee. When the result came I afraid to go so far. My dad said that I am not so brave, moreover I am not able to go to the college for single day at least to see the college location. It was not only insulting but encouraging to me. I went to Karad with my elder brother. I visited the college and decided to do the MCA in distance learning instead of doing regular. I wanted to do the job in the side of learning. Anyways it was the first knock of Mumbai.
Just after the entrance exam my confidence was at the top. I took my first entrance exam for SBI bank branches in Mumbai for clerical post (approx end of year 2004). There were many people taking the exam. Most of them were very serious. And I was enjoying the crowd. Suddenly I asked one person about the room of my roll no.. He told me the exam is already started! The run and reach to the room 15 min late. Really I was not so serious about that exam. I had solved complete question paper. After the examination  I never thought of being pass or fail. After a couple of months I got the call letter for interview. It was  surprising and unexpected! Again I asked to my father. He told me not to go to Mumbai for such a less salary job and the life will not be secured over there. So I happily avoid the invitation. Definitely it was the second knock knock :)
Father told me to do the graduation in Education as my family was a teacher family. So I studied B.Ed.. It was a great experience to do B.Ed.. It helped me to improve my personality. After doing B.Ed. I was eligible of being a high school teacher. Due to high rate of corruption and less marks I didn't get the entry in that profession. Most of my colleagues in B.Ed. were settled in Mumbai without any donation. There was a three year probation period of salary 3.5k rupees. The school were so far from their residence flats. This scenario was discouraging me. And again I refused to come in Mumbai :|
Sorry forget to write ... It was the third knock knock knock.
I did many jobs but not for long time. All the jobs were contract basis or temporary. I was seeking for a safe job or can be said a government job. Without giving the donation and without showing the old results only the bank could give me the chance. Again I started taking the entrance exam. I was turned 27 and the age limit for being a clerk was 28. I understood that it is the final chance to take the opportunity. I studied for the IBPS exam. It was the first exam held by IBPS. I scored good. I had started my calculation of the probabilities. I understood that I will be surly getting the chance. And it is possible that I'll be getting the branch in Mumbai. After the interview held in Dena Bank in Heritage hotel in Nagpur. My analysis told me that the possibility of being hired is more than 80 percent. After knowing this I started thinking of Mumbai :p I came to Mumbai on October 2012 to see the conditions in Mumbai. I told others that I'm going to take interview in Syndicate bank but the actual purpose was only known by me. I had a friend of mine in Mumbai, working in BMC school. He was one of my B.Ed. classmates living in MUMBAI. His name is Rameshwar Bopche, this man played a crucial role to set me in Mumbai at a very beginning time. As I predicted Dena Bank called me to do the job. And finally I entered in this Job on 26/11 2012 !!!

1 comment:

girishrawate_bunty said...

I finally got the transfer to Bhilai on 12 July 2019 🙂